Thursday Additional Workshops at the INA Conference
By: Alice Shaffer
The 25th Annual INA Conference is less than two months away! If you are still on the fence, you still have time to get in on the early bird conference fee (April 1) and take advantage of the awesome additional workshops offered on Thursday May 20, 2010 starting at 1:00pm. These workshops have a small additional cost to them. This includes an American Red Cross Basic Water Rescue Certificate, INA Credential Review and Exam, a New Agency workshop, and Newborn Care Specialist 201 class.
If you have have been interested in opening your nanny agency or just recently in the past two years opened your agency, you really would benefit from going to the New Agency workshop. I actually went back in 2003 at my first INA conference and absolutely loved every minute of the program and still remember a lot of the information given. It helped me decide on whether or not to open a nanny agency. Which I decided against at the time. After the Thursday workshops don’t forget to join everyone at the Opening Reception at 6:30pm.
AMERICAN RED CROSS BASIC WATER RESCUE 3-YEAR CERTIFICATION
Thursday May 20, 2010 1:00-5:00pm
To help ensure an enjoyable and successful experience:
- Dress comfortably. Bring a bathing suit, towel, and swim cap if your hair is longer than shoulder length. Goggles are optional.
- Please arrive on time, no admittance is permitted 15 minutes after the start of the class.
- All necessary course materials will be provided during class.
- Practice sessions can be physically demanding. If you have any questions about your ability to participate, consult with your Health Care Provider prior to the course.
- Bring a pen/pencil and reading glasses if necessary.
- Payment of the course fee is not a guarantee of certification.
- Basic Water Rescue certification is valid for three years.
- Be present for the entire course. + Successfully complete all required skills.
- Pass a multiple choice written exam at 80% or better.
Thursday May 20, 2010 2:30-5:30 pm
Join Newborn Care Specialist (NCS) Cortney Gibson and take an in-depth look at advanced newborn care, sleep training and what it truly takes to work as a NCS. Attendees will discuss the day-to-day reality of this career and tackle some common misconceptions. Learn how to take what you know about newborn care and apply it to real-life situations. Attendees should already have some newborn care experience and strong knowledge of the basics, as this is an advanced care workshop. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, so come prepared! Handouts will be provided along with hands-on demos and an informative visual presentation.
Thursday May 20,2010 2:30-5:30 pm
- Background Checks 101 presented by Lynn Peterson of PFC Information Services, Inc.
- Legal Issues 101 presented by Bob King, Esq., of Legally Nanny®
- Payroll and Taxes 101 presented by Kathy Webb of HomeWork Solutions / 4NannyTaxes.co