The end of the year is fast approaching. The holidays are here basically! Last night I was at dinner, and the downtown area was setting up the Christmas trees on the sidewalks. It was November 10, we didn’t even get to Veteran’s Day or Thanksgiving!
This brought to my mind how the holidays for many involve receiving “cash” gifts from employers, families and other things such as rebates from holiday purchases. The question becomes what do you do with that “extra money”.
Here is a list of a few things you can do with that money:
- Split the money into 3rds: savings, debt and spending
- Put the money towards your highest interest rated credit card debt
- Open up a SmartyPig account and set up a goal for 2011
- Purchase some gifts for 2011 via Groupon , Jasmere, One Kings Lane and others
- Take part in a random act of kindness and pay for the person behind you in Starbucks or some place else.
What are some things you do with the “extra money” in your pocket?