Sharon Rief of Teacher Resources for Parents has put together a list of helpful Summer activities to enrich the lives and development of children, and help keep them busy as we get into summer.
1) Mix primary colors together to form new colors.
2) Go on an ABC garden hunt.
3) Make coffee filter flowers or butterflies.
4) Make alphabet soup.
5) Make a masking tape raceway and city.
6) Make flags using Lego.
7) Make shapes using craft sticks and velcro.
8) Write a letter to your favorite Frozen character.
9) Play bubble wrap hopscotch.
10) Practice addition and subtraction using a deck of cards.
11) Have a reading picnic outside with your stuffed animals.
12) Listen to stories online at www.storylineonline.net.
13) Practice writing letters using shaving cream on a cookie sheet.
14) Print lyrics to your favorite song and practice reading them.
15) Decorate a frame or trinket box with sea shells and jewels.
16) Make a crayon resist card using a white crayon and water color paints.
17) Make an alphabet city using pipe cleaners or wikki sticks.
18) Create a city using Magna Tiles.
19) Do pepper and celery paint stamping.
20) Collect “Pixie Dust” sprinkled by Tinker Bell around your yard.
Email email@example.com for detailed lesson plans of any of these activities to build your nanny enrichment binder. To follow Sharon like her page at Facebook.com/teacherresourc