Would you like to be awarded a conference scholarship to the INA Annual Nanny Conference?
Yes or No?
- Can you imagine spending 3 days with other professionals who actually understand your job and can offer you support, advice and great resources?
- Would you like to attend a conference with workshops that are geared specifically to the needs of professional nannies and newborn care specialists learning how to meet the unique challenges of your job?
- How many times have you wished that you had access to a professional nanny who could address a specific concern or problem you are struggling with?
- Would you like to feel validated for the work you do with children every day and connect to a part of this profession beyond the walls of the private homes you work in?
If you answered YES to any of these then you don’t want to miss this opportunity to attend the 26th Annual International Nanny Association’s conference May 12-15, 2011 in Tampa Bay, Florida. Regarding Nannies is excited to be offering a 2011 Conference Scholarship to an INA Nanny Member. We would love to have an INA nanny member who has never had the chance to go to the conference to come to this year’s conference. We are asking that you write an essay and submit it to us by Saturday March 19, 2011 at 8pm EST via email.
To Be Eligible You Must:
- Be a current INA Member (membership info)
- Have never attended an INA conference
- Be employed more than 25 hours a week as a nanny or newborn care specialist
What The Conference Registration Essay Scholarship Includes:
- Thursday: 6:00pm Conference Orientation & Evening Welcome Reception (appetizers)
- Friday: Breakfast, Lunch, Network breaks and Workshops.
- Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Network breaks, Workshops and Closing Reception & Raffle.
- Sunday: INA Board Meeting (optional).
Expenses You Will Be Responsible For:
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday Dinner expenses
- Thursday Workshops (costs if applicable)
- Friday evening optional activities (cost of evening activity)
- Hotel expenses ($117-$169 plus 13% tax nightly)
- Airfare to Tampa Florida
- Ground Transportation to the hotel –hotel shuttle is free and runs from 5am-1am the next day.
- Parking is self parking for free or valet for $12 daily
- Rental car if you choose, though not needed
- INA Membership ($35)
Before Submitting Your Essay:
- Make sure you utilize spell check, grammar check and word count before submitting.
- Check with your employers to make sure you can have off May 11-15, 2011. You may need travel days on Wednesday May 11 and Monday May 16, 2011.
- Confirm that you have the financial ability for the additional costs of the conference outside the scholarship.
You may want to ask your employer if they would be willing to help you offset some of the expense for the conference. For example: they could offer frequent flyer miles, they could offer to pay for all or 1/2 of your airfare, they could offer to pay for one or more nights at the hotel for you, or even your INA membership as a job benefit. Some nannies even negotiate these things into their work agreements when looking for a job. Remind your employer that their children will directly benefit from your opportunity to broaden your professional horizons. Discuss with them the schedule of workshops available, there might be some they would like you to attend.
Rules & How to Submit your Essay:
- In order for us to be objective, please refrain from using information that would identify your location. For example: refer to your support group as “my local support group” instead of the name—The Austin Nanny Support Group.
- Write an essay between 400 and 500 words letting us know:
- Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include at the top of your essay: your name, email address and phone number
- Then go to the Submit the form checklist and intent to go to the conference and fill out the confirmation form for your entry. (Form to be filled out here)
- Email your essay by Saturday March 19, 2011 by 8:00pm EST to email@example.com
Why you want to go to the INA conference and how you feel going will help you improve your skills as a professional nanny?
If you have any confusion or questions about how to do this email us at regardingnannies(at)gmail(dot)com and we will help you. We want this to be a positive experience for everyone.
Notification of Winning:
- You will be contacted on Sunday March 20 2011 via phone if you are the recipient for the Scholarship.
- If you are not the scholarship recipient chosen you will receive an email letting you know so that you can take still advantage of the Early Bird Registration that closes on Thursday March 24, 2011
- The scholarship recipient will be announced on Monday March 21, 2011 on the Regarding Nannies blog.
Thank you so much for entering the Scholarship Essay and we look forward to reading your essays. Good luck and we hope to see you in Tampa Bay in May!